Gardenista, a San Francisco architectual landscaping business owned and operated by Lana Pappas.
Lana Pappas is a self-made, native San Franciscan Landscape Architect with a professional photographer’s background. Fresh out of the San Francisco Academy of Art, she spent a decade finding inspiration in nature through the lenses of her camera.
Lana’s plant knowledge started at a young age when she tagged along her grandma’s side at San Francisco Botanical Garden at Strybing Arboretum learning to observe color, form, texture, and light. Supporting herself through college, she worked at a local Nursery where she learned much about landscaping and architecture. As Gardenista’s proprietor, Lana consistently attends a plethora of seminars and classes on horticulture, permaculture, rain water, and many other relevant topics.
- Gardenista has been custom designing landscapes for over a decade. Its mission is to realize client’s hopes and dreams by listening attentively and bringing in creativity and knowledge to every assignment.
- Gardenista creates beautifully executed gardens. Unconventional. Modern. Rooftops. Traditional. Drought tolerant. Vertical. Low maintenance. Native. Edible. Containers and more.
- Gardenista has an acute sensibility for plants and space, constantly striving to make the largest room in homes, favorite spaces to unwind and entertain.
- Gardenista offers a variety of services and specializes in the installation and maintenance of sustainable, eco-friendly and restorative outdoor and indoor living spaces.
- Gardenista possesses a thorough understanding of the diverse microclimates, sometimes challenging terrain and remarkable architecture in San Francisco – only utilizing the best quality organic materials and locally sourced products. Gardenista is ready to lend a hand in creating or revitalizing your garden.